The guidelines of the organization “Fraunhofer UMSICHT“ describe the basic self-conception of the Institute and its staff. Therefore, they are kept in a general form and build a frame which is to be completed and acted out but which also is to be advanced.
Guidelines are to bring continuity and stability into dy-namically changing requirements of environment and daily routine.They are to accompany the Institute’s work beyond office hours and are to be communicated inside and outside the Institute.Thus, mission, policies, and expectations the Institute operates with and wants to be perceived in its surroundings withare reflected in the guidelines.
The ten guidelines of the organization “Fraunhofer UMSICHT“ are deduced from the regulations and guidelines of the“Fraunhofer Gesellschaft“ and concretize them for the concerns of the Institute’s work.
- Fraunhofer UMSICHT sees itself as a link between its business partners, staff members, the “Fraunhofer Gesellschaft“, the scientific community, and other social actors.
- Fraunhofer UMSICHT wants to be a reliable research and development partner for its clients, relieve them during all project phases, give them all respective services from one hand, and support them in accessing subsidies and commercial funding.
- Fraunhofer UMSICHT offers its clients qualitatively high-quality scientific, results-oriented, interdisciplinary, and innovative research and development work. It provides them with competitive advantages through advance in know-how and recognized competence in problem solving.
- The staff members form the Institute’s backbone. Fraunhofer UMSICHT encourages and challenges the staff‘s professional, scientific, entrepreneurial, and social skills. These skills determine the Institute’s efficiency. Fraunhofer UMSICHT wants to fill its staff with enthusiasm for research and development.
- Fraunhofer UMSICHT acts according to the principles of the “Fraunhofer Gesellschaft“ and contributes to enhancing the reputation of the “Fraunhofer Gesellschaft“. The institute cooperates in partnership with the board of directors, headquarters, and other Fraunhofer Institutes and facilities.
- Fraunhofer UMSICHT is actively committed to the formation of strategic alliances and networks in economy, science, politics, and society.
- Fraunhofer UMSICHT forces up activities abroad in respect of project work and exchanging staff members (know-how transfer).
- Fraunhofer UMSICHT acts actively in the scientific community. The institute cooperates with other research facilities, universities, technical colleges, and industrial partners in the national and international research and development scene, and faces up to scientific debate.
- Fraunhofer UMSICHT is independent. It supports clear, understandable, and interdisciplinary consolidated positions and aligns its objectives according to these positions. Fraunhofer UMSICHT aims at a long-term realization of social visions through concrete innovations which can be efficiently transfered into economically utilizable progress and can be transfered into the environment.
- Fraunhofer UMSICHT sees itself as a pathfinder for technical changes in the areas of environment, energy, process engineering, and safety. The Institute promotes effective management, environmentally friendly technologies, and environmentally conscious behavior in order to enhance society’s overall quality of life.