In the field of sound absorbers, the fungal material currently under development is a sustainable, bio-based alternative to conventional materials such as polyester foams or mineral fiber-based composites. In addition, the production of the absorber using 3D printing offers particular advantages.
- Use of the material as gradient material
- Individual design of the absorber
- Adaptation to the needs of interior design
- Less energy and resources required for substrate production compared to conventional mushroom production
- Contribution to raw material turnaround and environmental protection in the construction sector
Collaboration with users
Interest groups, such as retailers of acoustic products, and users, such as interior designers, are actively involved in the design process. It is planned to present the development and the product during a feedback workshop. In this way, the input of the end users can be taken into account during the development process. The aim of the workshop is the specific design of the sound absorber for the target groups and the definition of use cases. At the same time it serves to get to know this new material for the first time.